Minister of State for Luwero Triangle, Hon. Alice Kaboyo has on Saturday officiated at the launch of the Bulemezi Heritage Cooperative Union aiming to increase coffee productivity in Uganda.
This Union brings together coffee farmers to enhance coffee growing in the greater Luwero which will see Uganda’s dream of having huge earnings from coffee exports achieved.
The Union’s leader Bukenya Paul Michael informed the Minister that their objectives are to;
1. Revive a lively and functional cooperative union for Bulemeezi
2. Support the coffee roadmap and the nine initiatives to catalyze the transformation of coffee in Uganda as highlighted in the UCDA plans.
3. Improve the quality of the coffee products being exported out of Uganda into the international markets
4. For the Financial emancipation of the Cooperative union members
5. Contribute to the economic growth of the greater Luwero area
6. Provide good shareholder value to all the shareholders of the cooperative union
7. To help in the building of an asset base for the shareholders
8. To support the establishment of strong primary societies that will include financial cooperatives to support finance production, value addition and marketing for all the members of the cooperative union
The Minister at this launch urged people of greater Luwero to embrace working in cooperatives as they would benefit more as a group rather than as individuals.
She also said the above would help them have greater bargaining power.
See The Pictorial Below;