He Received Suspicious Phone Call Before His Shooting- New Shocking Details Emerge On Blogger Isma Olaxess

He Received Suspicious Phone Call Before His Shooting- New Shocking Details Emerge On Blogger Isma Olaxess

Police spokesperson Fred Enanga has revealed that their team is currently hunting for details of the person said to have called blogger Ibrahim Tusuubira aka Isma Olaxess/Jajja Iculi shortly before he was shot dead near his home in Kyanja on Saturday evening.

Police investigations have so far established that on the fateful day, Olaxess played football in Munyonyo before he left and used the Entebbe Expressway and later had dinner at Nyakaana bar in Mutungo where he left at around 8:15 pm for his home in Kyanja.

“Our cyber teams are following a lead that as soon as they left Mutungo, when they reached Munyonyo roundabout, Isma received a phone call and asked the driver to park aside because the person behind the phone was telling him to wait for him there( at the roundabout),” Enanga said on Monday.

“ They waited for the person behind the phone call in vain as he didn’t appear and they drove home until when they reached the gate where they were attacked. It is not clear whether the caller is linked to the masterminds of this murder or not but our investigations will be able to establish in due course.”

According to Enanga, the Criminal Investigations Directorate, Crime Intelligence Directorate, Forensics and IT directorates of police have also discovered that the shooting was not a random incident but rather targeted the deceased and there were two assailants using a pistol and not a submachine gun as had earlier been reported and these emerged from a hideout near the deceased’s home before killing him.

“The armed assailant fired multiple shots at close range killing him instantly. His driver remained unscathed despite bullets that riddled the driver’s side.”

According to Enanga, investigators used sniffer dogs at the crime scene in an effort to trace the shooters and they followed the movement of the assailants up to the main road where they are believed to have boarded a motorcycle and escaped.

“They(assailants) dropped one glove we believe was used by the shooter and our canine was able to help recover it.”

Enanga also revealed that the deceased’s driver, Mathias Wasswa who survived with no injuries during the shooting is currently in their protective custody to help out in investigations.

“Outside the driver, we have been able to arrest two suspects. Together we have three people whom we are interviewing.”

Following the gruesome murder, many members of the public have said the blogger’s shooting could have stemmed from his social media comments.

The police spokesperson however warned the public against making wild allegations that he said might do a disservice.

“Everybody is bringing out their version but we ask the public to remain calm and patient. This continuous speculation is a disservice to the family and the public. These many versions are not verified.”

“We are aware some of his videos were controversial but we are yet to establish whether his murder is related to his social media work or other motives.”

Olaxess was buried on Sunday in Mukono district.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Send this to a friend